"There is an admirable consistency of technique and appearance throughout Kunc’s oeuvre of colour woodcuts. For over 25 years she has remained dedicated to her process, through scores of editions, the circumspect evolution of imagery and capricious print world fashion. She has cleverly avoided inertia and repetition, and has developed a technical fluency to match her imagination. Now she begins to approach true mastery of her medium. It is exciting to see."
David Acton, Curator of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs, Worcester Art Museum, MA.
Photograph by David Dale
Statements on Nature: A Survey of Printmaking Today
Schaefer International Gallery, Maui Arts & Cultural Center
January 10 - March 13, 2016
2016 Summer Snow Visual Arts Workshops
Woodcut & the Artists' Book
June 6 - 10, 2016
Above & Below: Relief & Etching Printmaking
Anderson Ranch Art Center
Snowmass Village, Colorado
July 11 - 15, 2016
Workshops at Constellation Studios to be announced:
Color Woodcut Printmaking
July 25 - 29, 2016
• Follow developments for Constellation Studios at:
• New video interview as part of Teacher Resource Project: www.nebraskaartists.org
• New interview October 26, 2013, and amazing jig-saw puzzle:
• Video interview at Constellation Studios!
• Prairie Schooner Fusion online journal'Water' feature
• Listen to Karen in a podcast, with host Ben Moreau at: