"There is an admirable consistency of technique and appearance throughout Kunc’s oeuvre of colour woodcuts. For over 25 years she has remained dedicated to her process, through scores of editions, the circumspect evolution of imagery and capricious print world fashion. She has cleverly avoided inertia and repetition, and has developed a technical fluency to match her imagination. Now she begins to approach true mastery of her medium. It is exciting to see."
David Acton, Curator of Prints, Drawings, and Photographs, Worcester Art Museum, MA.
Photograph by David Dale
Salon San Miguel, Spain
2017 Mills College Summer Institute for Book and Print Technologies
Innovations in Color Woodcut Printing
June 12 - 16, 2017
From Block to Book Workshop
The Press at Untitled
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
June 22 - 25, 2017
Workshops at Constellation Studios to be announced:
Color Woodcut Printmaking
July 26 - 30, 2017
• Follow developments for Constellation Studios at:
• New video interview as part of Teacher Resource Project:
• New interview October 26, 2013, and amazing jig-saw puzzle:
• Video interview at Constellation Studios!
• Prairie Schooner Fusion online journal'Water' feature
• Listen to Karen in a podcast, with host Ben Moreau at: